So as I am discovering new people, one of my friends told me to check out Anne over at Modern Mrs. Darcy! What a fantastic suggestion!
Please share any reading challenges you have discovered or post some titles you are excited to check off your list for the upcoming year!
I also recently got my 2016 Year in Review from Goodreads! Check it out and compare thoughts with me! Of course the year is not over, and I am positive I will complete another book or two! But I like seeing where I am at currently!
My 2016 reading faves:
I read The Giver (for the third time) and it will always be one of my favorites, along with the other 3 in the series. So excluding those, I give you my top 5.
5. The Vault of Dreamers – This book ranks above it’s sequel The Rule of Mirrors, but I am still anxiously awaiting the third release in this trilogy, The Keep of Ages, set to come out July, 2017.
4. While The Testing is a perfect blend for me between the Divergent series and the Hunger Games, it still has that same-ol’-same feel when it comes to YA books (which I am a fan of). It’s hard to compare YA books because a lot do have the same qualities about them. I do feel this book was well executed though!
3. I am late reading this series but better late than never!! Cinder is, what I believe, to be the best in the series. Some would argue that Winter was, but I kindly say “You are wrong!” Haha just kidding! 🙂
You can’t be wrong if you choose ANY of these to be your favorite.
2. Orphan Train was such a great surprise to me. I went in with no expectations and was greatly rewarded! It was a wonderful standalone that in the end made me feel complete, but not in the cheesy way. I am so happy to have joined the Big Read challenge this year with this book!
1. There are books I borrow and there are books I buy … I bought this one – even though I originally borrowed it!
Just WELL DONE Marissa. You are doing wonderful things and I am so excited that I got to enjoy them ALL this year! When it takes me days/weeks to recover from a book, that is when I know I truly loved it. The joy and pain this book gave me has taken it’s toll on me haha! I am still trying to figure out ways to change the ending, as if I am Cath. “If I (meaning Cath) would have heard Cheshire out, maybe I could save Mary Ann and Jest.” Oh the infinite possibilities, but
1. I am not the writer, and
2. The ending was predestined
No matter, I am completely thrilled with this book am already planning to read it again!
Well, I truly hope to see your comments and look forward to my new 2017 reading challenges!
~ Penny for your thoughts